This blog is about the random thoughts and ideas that come to me at strange times.
Monday, June 18, 2012
sewing again!
I"m sewing again! Well, sort of, anyhow....I'm fixing things at least!!! I was finally able to put up my sewing machine after not having a place to use it since we lived in Virginia. I didn't realize how much I missed that machine. I bought it as a teenager in the mid 1980's. It was the most expensive one I could afford and it had most of the "bells and whistles" of its time. I cleaned and oiled the dickens out it and it/she works great! Every time I sit down to sew something, I think of my baptismal sponsor Sonia. I spent many summers at her house learning to sew. In that process, she taught me about being a strong Christian lady. She went to be with the Lord quite a few years ago now but she will always be in my heart and I know I'll see her again! Until then, I'm going to continue to enjoy a skill that she blessed me with. Thank you, Sonia!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment