Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The blessings of good-byes?

I've had to say a lot of good-byes.  We lived in Virginia for almost 18 years.  Leaving there was about the hardest thing I ever had to do.  I think I cried all the way to Wisconsin.  My heart still aches for my dear friends in Virginia.  We then made dear friends in Wisconsin only to move after 3 years.  More good-byes.  Living on a campus, we were physically close to many families, thus, more friendships only to surely lead to more good-byes.  It's a 3 year Seminary.  Everyone knows it's temporary.  Yet, we still bond with people we know we are going to have to leave.  Dear people I work with move or change careers, again, good-byes.  Sometimes, I think that maybe I shouldn't open my heart/emotions up so I won't have to say good-bye anymore.  But then I will miss the wonderful blessings of new friends that will come into my life.  I always seem to find room in my heart for another friend that can lead to a possible good-bye.  I just hope that the future will bring friends that can still in my day-to-day life so I don't have to do anymore good-byes.  I won't mention the dear family that is moving to the Atlanta area sometime this summer.  I'm going to live in ignorance until that actually happens.  I'd like to be done with good-byes for a LONG time.

No comments:

Post a Comment