This blog is about the random thoughts and ideas that come to me at strange times.
Friday, December 16, 2011
My brain on overload
So, eventhough I've got TONS to do with moving/buying a house on the 23rd and getting ready for Christmas, I still find time for my wacky thoughts...........Where I work, we use A LOT of white-out. Scanners can not read messy handwriting but people need their transactions posted correctly so we have to white-out and rewrite numbers constantly. That brings me to the past-tense of white-out. It sounds funny to say, "I whited it out already." It also sounds completely wrong to say, "I white outed it already." Or, a really strange past tense could be "It was 'whit" out." Practice rolling those words off your tongue, it's good exercise! I've done a little researching on this issue. Depending on the place in the sentence, "whited" could be a verbal---a noun that has been changed to an action verb by adding an ending. "I whited it out." It could also serve as an adjective or adverb, depending on how you chose to phrase the statement. What are some other strange word combinations you have come across that there doesn't seem to be a "rule" or pattern for? I find this stuff interesting so bring it on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment