This blog is about the random thoughts and ideas that come to me at strange times.
Friday, November 18, 2011
More on Names......
I have a new nephew whose name is Jaydee. I haven't asked how they came up with that name but I'm guessing it's a combination of their names--first initals J and D. I couldn't find Jaydee in a name dictionary but I think it's cool to come up with unique names. I wonder if he'll get a lot of questions through out his life about where his name came from. I work with someone that has a different name and he constantly gets odd comments and questions. Is it ok to make comments about someone's name? Is there a non-offensive way to ask? I'm always curious about things but I never want to offend anyone so I tend not to ask people. I'll look things up, research and try to figure something out before asking. Sometimes I find out that if I had just asked, I would have found the answer sooner but then I wouldn't have gained the knowledge that I obtained by doing the research. So, I'll just assume Jaydee is from J.D. until I'm told otherwise........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment